Eating Healthy Can Mean Delicious Recipes Like This
Posted: Sun 10 Mar 2013 at 10:54:48 PM by Jana Mathews
Eating lean and healthy doesn't need to mean eating dry chicken and boiled vegetables every night. Try this amazingly simple and tasty Thai Yellow Curry recipe that we put together last night.
2 garlic cloves finely chopped
2 Tbsp Thai yellow curry paste
1 small onion finely chopped
1.5 Tbsp Fish sauce
1 medium zucchini sliced
2 Tbsp Water
2 small peppers roughly chopped
1 small eggplant chopped
1 tsp salt
2 tsp ground black pepper
3-4 medium chicken breasts cut into cubes
2 Tbsp Sunflower/Vegetable/Olive oil
1 can Coconut milk
1 medium sweet potato, diced and par boiled
1) Heat oil in a pan/wok to medium-high heat and add the garlic and onion. Cook until the onion is translucent then add the curry paste and sauté for 30 seconds.
2) Add the chicken, salt and pepper and stir to coat. After 5 minutes add the chopped peppers, eggplant and zucchini and stir together.
3) Add the fish sauce and water and continue to stir reducing the heat to medium.
4) Add the coconut cream/milk and stir to combine. Cook over low-medium heat for about 15 minutes.
5) Throw potatoes into the curry when its 5 minutes from being done and cook until softened and to the thickness desired (if too runny use cornstarch to achieve proper consistency).
*If like me you like your curry hot, add a chopped red chilli to the onion at the first stage or later if you are cooking for others. Serve with bok choy on the side. It's a tasty and well balanced recipe that's great for lunch or dinner (if going low carb at night omit the potatoes)*